View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 05:52 PM

mandyplo is on a distinguished road
Default What am I doing wrong? Or am I just being impatient ?

My tank has been running for a year - did a move from my bfs house to mine 2 months ago - tank has finished cycling since the move and looks better than ever.

I am now using RO/DI for the first time (about 2 weeks now) and I have the dual carbon an gfo reactor from BRS (although I don't think it's working properly that's another story I'm trying to get that fixed)
I have my first sump ever running now and a protein skimmer but I haven't turned on the skimmer yet (wanted to make sure the sump system worked properly first).

Anyways I picked up a frogspawn colony 2 days ago and a favia frag and a derasa clam. These are the first corals/inverts I'm trying in the tank. (other than that I have a chromis 2 anthias a kole tang and a fire shrimp)

The frogspawn has 5 heads and has not opened up fully yet he looks very sad. The clam was more open on day 1 when I finished acclimating him than he is now.
I drip acclimated everyone for 2.5 hours.

I'm adding 5 ml of zoo plankton into the water once a day since I put the corals in. I have everyone at the bottom and the fellow I bought these corals from has the same led lights as me so I did not acclimate them to the lights.

An I doing something wrong? Should I get my protein skimmer working and see if that makes a difference ? Am I just being impatient and they take time to open up or am I missing something??

Thanks guys I'm just worried is all. I want to be successful at reefing it maks me so sad when I can't keep things alive in my tank

I can add pictures when I'm home from work so you guys can see and tell me what you think about the health of these guys.

Last edited by mandyplo; 12-09-2012 at 05:54 PM.