View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:13 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

I still don't understand the quarantine procedure, is it for disease control or just observation? Perhaps the intent is to keep things secretive but IMO you're basically advertising your livestock is healthier/better than the competition because of this procedure. To me it just seems like you have some tanks off site that essentially act as disease breeding grounds and you presoak all your fish in them for 2 weeks prior to sale. You'll need to share specific details if you want to use the procedure to add value to your store stock. I really don't see the point, 2 weeks is nothing in terms of real quarantine and only resulting in more stress. You will still introduce disease into your store tanks just like everyone else.

I don't want to comment too much on the other stuff as it's exiting the point of the thread but most businesses start from nothing and risk is always involved (why business loans and grants exist). Not wanting to take risk is not an excuse and whether you realized it or not operating the same business as others without the same overhead is undercutting them, regardless whether the money ends up in your customers pocket or your own. Personally I think you're on a very fine line with major home based business regulations.

Last edited by sphelps; 12-05-2012 at 06:26 PM.