View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:34 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

I see no such warning on the controller. You can download the manual online from the reef angel web site and read it.

Of course any electronic equipement must be kept away from high humidity and water dripping on it. It is common sense and it is valid for any controller. I put my controller inside my aquarium furniture but I have no sump. If I had a sump I would attach the controller outside the furniture where it will be away from water drip.

I watched a video on youtube where the guy installed the reef angel right on the top of his tank...dunno how long that lasted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIQsO_wzHQE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitoPharmer View Post
I had a question about these you could possibly answer. I noticed the probes all plug into what looks like the main unit. I also saw the short cords for the probes, I did not see the extensions. But my question relates to the instructions on where to install the main unit. Though I have seen many aquarium controllers mounted inside a closed stand with a sump in other people build threads, the two previous brands I had purchased both said using it in a high humidity area (like inside a closed stand with a sump) will void the warranty. I was wondering if this controller had the same warning?