View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

While I've had the occasional discretion with GHL support staff I have to admit the company is very customer focused, more so than most. The products are also rock solid and only released when they are ready. There was a reason this light was in production for so long and obviously things changed during this time, don't think you can hold that against them. Other companies have different motivations, get working models out the door and replace them each year with new versions and make promises regarding upgrade kits but don't release them until well after new models are in stores, there are obvious reasons for this but it's certainly not customer focused. The Mitras has been well thought out, while other companies will scramble to get new models out to compete GHL will likely focus on improving software and firmware like they always have with Profilux. Even when Profilux was eventually to upgraded to 3, DIY upgrade kits for P2 users were made available at the same time. GHL products also typically hold value well, the prices don't drop dramatically shortly after release, I don't think a P3 cost much less now than it did a few years ago.

In terms of the Radion Pro, I have a hard time understanding the extra $300 for HV LEDs. Given the history I wouldn't expect that price to hold long. The price difference between the Radion Pro and Mitras isn't really that much either and for some tanks the Mitras is more cost efficient due to it's wider coverage.