Thread: Good
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 03:31 PM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

I also have a Honda the 2000 inverter but use mine for camping and in case of a power outages. My cousin had a costco generator and once you got it started there basically all the same, the off brand was just more pulls and frustration to get running. His wasn't this brand can't actually recall what he had, we were out camping may long and basically whole family has Hondas he had the off brand h pulled it until he broke the recoil off. He happened to have a spare one so I opened the unit and had to tear it right down to change recoil drained fuel and filled with premium and used a hotter spark plug. After that was great, he was mad it let him down tho and returned it to Costco. Till this day he still regrets returning it as you can't get anything comparable anywhere close to the price. If all your using it for is keep for power outages I'd say it's great the inverters are nice as the run very quietly. Never used it before but if you look at it this way my Honda 2000 set me back around 1100 + on sale and now retail is around 1400 I believe or in the ball park u can't go wrong with this model.

To answer the previous question if the generator was ever used for tank emergencies, we had to once although by the time I got fuel in it found cords to reach outside and got it all up was only a matter of a few hours it ran for.

360 Reef Tank