View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 04:34 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeJones View Post
Lots of skimmate is coming out, Parameters are perfect besides the high phosphate ha ha. My lights are on 12 hours a day but have cut them back to 6 hours. My lights are brand new Ecoxotic Panorama Marine LED's. So I hope through patience and these changes i have made will help
If you are getting a high phosphate reading then I would start by getting this down, as you are attempting to do with the rowaphos. I wouldn't necessarily go bombarding your tank with too much stuff all at once as that might actually be more harmful. So ya, just keep running your rowaphos and wait for your phosphates go down to near zero or zero. After you've achieved zero(ish) phosphates see how the algae is doing and assess then if you should take further action.

In my experience bioPellets do not do a great job of removing phosphates. They are great at nitrate removal however. I run GFO (phosphate remover) in a TLF reactor while at the same time running BioPellets to attack the nitrates. Also, I would not recommend putting bioPellets in a mesh bag. That's is unless you don't mind shaking that bag every hour of the day. BioPellets really should be fluidized and tumbling in a reactor.