Thread: lastlight's 28
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:57 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Installed my new Kessil a150w Sky Blue tonight and I officially love my LED lit tank! Absolutely zero colour banding and the colour temperature to my eyes is somewhere extremely close to that of the old 150w halide that was in here. Between 11 and 12k I'd say. Looks very natural to my eyes with barely any blue. Perhaps just a smidgen dimmer looking than the halide with a few more shadowy spots up near the top in the back but EVERY last colour in the corals looks improved and the shimmer is incredible. I need to make a screen top now... I'm rolling the dice for a few days with my neon goby but so far he's lived exclusively on the sandbed from what I've observed.

Besides the corals, clowns and neon goby which I managed photos of I've also got:

- 2 peppermint shrimp (who are starting to mow down my aiptasia)
- pistol shrimp and yellow shrimp goby pair

I'm on the lookout for a tailspot now but won't pull the trigger until my mesh top is in place.

Here's some pics! Some are fairly crappy but they'll be handy to track growth later on blah blah blah. A big thank-you to SteveConn who was super kind in giving me back a clipping of my beloved purple gorg. Time to grow that sumbeatch back!