View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:33 PM

CherylMcKay is on a distinguished road
Default Plumbing issues

So here are some pictures. If you need more or a diffrent angle, let me know.

This is the left return stand pipe. It is the one with the 180 degree angle to be underwater and is the main return to the skimmer container. There is a hole on the top as I originally thought I didn't want it to have a full syphon.

Here is the right return stand pipe. It is straight through and usually is above water.

They are a couple of feet from each other centered in the middle of the tank.

They both go down and join together to flow to the skimmer container first. Right now they both have ball valves that I want to switch out.
Left:
Right:

The sump and the skimmer container are joined together with 1 inch pvc between them.

I was thinking of raising the skimmer container up so the top was level with the sump.... but I don't think I have enough room with the pipes and the stand height.

I am going to see about getting a sump build for me, but that is going to take time and money and I need to deal with this really quickly.

I don't want to drain the tank to do this but if I have to I would then like to have an external overflow built. I figure i could do most of it myself, but I have no idea how I would lower the back of the tank to have the overflow.

Hope these help.