View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 PM

MMAX is on a distinguished road
Default Attn. SPS Gurus- A Few Questions

I'm in the process of planning a tank switchover from mixed reef to strictly sps. I'm not new to sps, been keeping them for about 3 years and have quite a few, just wondering what systems/additives the experts are using. In the past I've used Prodibio, ran Zeo rocks in a home made reactor and I currently dose the "big 3" elements through a Profilux stand alone unit. I noticed my biggest growth came from bi-weekly 20 gallon water changes using H2Ocean salt. Greens & oranges are vibrant, reds & pinks not so much and a couple of blues are more brown than anything. My system is a 100gal, 22 inches deep with an 8 bulb T5 Tek. I know I have enough light and flow and I plan to stick with dosing and H2Ocean salt, I just need to know who's using what and the pros and cons of each. Lets just say I liked the ease of the Prodibio system, but living 1-1.5 hrs away from the 2 major centers, it was hard for me to get a hold of and keep up with it. I'm also thinking hard about Zeovit but it's just damn expensive.