View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 03:37 AM
ChizerBunoi

Default The Best of Both Worlds

The Best of Both Worlds

Welcome to my build thread and join me as I develop my basement for my little fishes. This build will feature a wall with two fish tanks. A high tech reef and planted tank.

Originally, I was planning to have two 90 gallon tanks. But I hate cleaning and reaching into such a deep tank. Therefore, I have decided to downsize them to shallow custom tanks with the following dimensions 48" x 18" x 18". Definetely something that I can manage. Plus, I won't get my armpits wet.

Reef
My focus is to have a SPS dominated tank which will eventually run zeovit. I just love these fuzzy sticks. Below is an image of what my current 90 gallon looks like now. I will be keeping the same type of aquascape but will add sand. I also intend to move some of the frags onto the rock (whenever I decide to buy some glue - lazy). I guess it's a mountain high, valley low aquascape.

Planted
This will be an Iwagumi aquascape with an auto drip water change setup for my discus. The discus are all still juveniles so it will be a while before I purchase this tank and set it up. I realize this is a reefing community so I won't go in depth with the planted discus tank. There will be photos from time to time though. Below is an image of where they used to live, before I shut this tank down and moved them to their current 40 gallon breeder.

This is what the setup looks like right now. Isn't that ugly or what?

This is the new feature wall. It is 9' so with both tanks, they should fit nicely. I have my old planted 90 gallon tank on the right side to show what it would look like. The new custom tanks will actually reach up to the bottom of the black trim on the tank.