View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 04:00 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
This isn't a dog/tail issue, this is a relationship building issue. The kid has some issues that need to be dealt with in a mature fashion, not by fear because you're bigger or louder. Respect is earned through actions, not power.
Okay it's neither a dog and tail or relationship building issue. It was mentioned that he engages in home life and the family but it's outside the house where things head south. In my house respect is gained because at the end there is a hug and I love you. Not just a rant. then walk away and silent treatment.The calm discussion comes after the fact but there needs to be only one person in authority and control and it needs to be clear who that is. I have two boys 19 and 11 and I'm very proud of them but they know dad rules the roost. Oldest doesn't smoke, do drugs and drinks very rarely, and believe me I would know I'm was a very seasoned expert in all areas when I was a teenager. My youngest had me welling up after he was awarded his black belt in Tae kwon do this summer.