View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 02:47 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
We all will be sitting down this weekend to discuss with him this situation. Yesterday was not the time to do it as we basically pulled an all nighter, we're tired and grumpy. At this point he has lost his most important things and won't be getting them back anytime soon. I suggested an apology to the victim, which his dad agrees should be done, but he's been ordered to not have any contact until the court date in December.

He has already acknowledged being where he was and the others involved always leads to trouble and he's not going to hang out there anymore. His mom is looking into youth counseling programs to get him some help with his self esteem issues. Remarkably, he received a progress report from school yesterday and has pulled his marks from mid 70s to mid 80s in the last month.

Is this the first time he's gotten into trouble? No. He averages 3 suspensions a year from school for fighting. 2 years ago he got caught tagging a transformer, this was a bylaw offense so he was issued a fine and court date, community service was the punishment, plus we implemented punishment at home.

Believe me, I have had my say about what I think should be happening over the years. Hopefully there's some changes. If I didn't care and wasn't supportive, I wouldn't be asking for advice.

I was a bit of a bad ass growing up. From stealing cars to drugs. I never was caught but all my friends were. Ill tell you. For me it was looking to belong. I grew up poor in a rich town. I was bullied and in turn took friends that did thing as stated. Not to mention a few assult charges. As soon as I ditched these friends Iand found more constructive ways to spend my time. I fish and hunt have a live for wood working and gardening.
I grew up great and have a positive life. I think IMO the best way to deal with rebčllion is to find the source which is probably his friends. If its about the rush and thrill of being bad maybe activities like cadets would be a good choice. Along with discipline I was thrilled to drive tanks, replell out of a helicopter in the bush on a survival trek. Or firing off assault rifles at a range