View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Looks great but honestly I'd scrape off the blue Krylon and put black. 1) Black looks better and makes colours pop more, and 2) It would match the overflow. One of my biggest regrets with my current tank was that I went blue instead of black (one day I'll change it but it's far easier before it's set up than after).

I was thinking that. But the overflow will be completely covered by the rock structure. So I might leave it for now. I want to upgrade to a rimless starfire eventually, so this tank will be scrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris88 View Post
looks like an amazing build. I do think you need to broaden your spectrum with your lighting. you are going to need to add some 420nm and 650nm leds or add a couple of t5s to help fill the gap. What are you planning on keeping in regards to live stock?
The blues are actually 420nm. The others are 10K. It has a great look as far as color because each color is dimable, so I can mix it as needed. As far as growth, I can't see this being 'not enough' considering there is 96 X 3W LED's. Thats more than enough. Modular LED sells kits for 6 foot tanks that have 128 X 3W LED's, so I think i'll be ok on the 50 gallon. I also have some red and green LED's to mount into the canopy when it is finished to add other color spectrums.

Stock will be mostly softies with some birdsnest SPS and monti's.

The 'gap' in the LED rack is to accomodate the tall rock structure that will be out of the water. I don't want direct light on it, as I think that would cause algae problems.

I still might do the 2 X 250W Halide pendants. Not sure yet. I'll try the LED's for now and see how they do.

They call it addiction for a reason...