View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 06:16 AM

Trevor82 is on a distinguished road
Default Long distance move

Hi all, I have moved from Victoria to Calgary about a month ago. Since arriving I have purchased a new tank and will have everything ready for livestock soon. I still have my old tank running at my parents house in Victoria with all my livestock that they are thankfully looking after. I'm planning on going back for a day or two in December and am planning on driving back with my fish and sps frags. I'm looking for suggestion on the best route of packaging them all up to get them out here with the least amount of stress.

My fish/invert list: 1 purple tang, 1 tolmie tang, 1 lemon peel angel, 1 starry blenny, 1 forktale blenny, 2 clowns, 1 McCoskers fairy wrasse, 1 yellow watchmen goby, 1 pistol shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, and 1 GBTA.

My plan as it stands is to fill 2 20gallon brute garbage cans 1/3 full of water and rock(stacked WELL) with a heater, power head, and airstone in each and put half the livestock in each. I would then bag the coral frags and float them in the 2 brutes. I have also thought of getting them out of the tank and having a LFS ship them out to me although I have a feeling if would cost a bit to ship all that.

Thanks in advance.
Trevor