View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
There has to be something weird going on. It just doesn't make sense to me. Can you think of anything outside the norm that could be causing the high nitrates?
well i think the idea of tests being accurate or not is the first thing , if they are accurate then i would be asking how high my amonia got during my cycle.

realistically at this time there shouldnt be any livestock like snails or shrimp, crabs etc. (right after the cycle)

this is the ideal time to do the large water change , like you mentioned earlier 100% is even fine and alot of people do that.

if you experience a rough cycle with high amonia and dont do this it just keeps getting built up.

the daily water changes will in fact bring them down , its just more to me of a time consuming thing and if theres any animals they arnt gonna benefit from the stress and changing conditions.

what happens more often then not is this scenario here where people try to deal with the high nitrates after they have added animals not after the cycle, now it has to be done slower and more work involved as your adding pollution to the tank reguarily.