View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 02:41 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Most likely everything was left on a Bailee's undertaking, meaning yes all goods are seized but the store is still able to operate. At the very least the owners still have access and most likely still taking care of the fish and corals. landlords can not seize and terminate a lease, one or the other.

Is the store closed permanently? If so, perhaps there's another store that could contact the landlord and offer to take the livestock? You could find out who the landlord or management company is, they may be able to tell you if the livestock is being looked after but would have to wait until Monday.

Was there a notice posted on the door? I've only ever done seizures on tenants when they are open, not closed so there's obviously more to this.

I've never been involved in a seizure that involves live animals though, but if this was my tenant, I would ensure that the animals continued to be cared for. If they weren't, chances are the owners bailed and won't be back. The bailiff would provide instructions in this case and would likely allow another group/store to remove with any cash going to the tenants debt.

Last edited by Coralgurl; 10-21-2012 at 02:46 AM.