View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 02:13 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post
I see signifigantly less corals in there. Did you have some issues?

P.S... Zombies rule!!!! I can't wait for the future! No more work! Just zombie killin!
Yes, there are much fewer corals in there than before. I wouldn't necessarily say that I had any issues. It is more of a feature of my tank. At the beginning of every summer, right as things are doing well, the tank likes to test my resolve. The tank systematically eliminates all the nice expensive corals that I've masterfully cared for up until then. It then sits back, has a good chuckle an waits to see what I'll do. If I still appear sane it will start to malfunction equipment like reactor pumps, heaters, fans, lights, etc. So you see, its all perfectly normal. Its kind of like a game I suppose..

Anyway, I came close to throwing in the towel as I had troubles keeping up with all of my tank's shenanigans. A nice layer of algae covered the glass and I let it sit like that all summer. I just topped up the ATO, auto feeder and cleaned skimmer (which by some miracle was still running).

Although the corals were mostly all wiped out all of my fish seemed to be doin well so I kept it as a FOWLR. Well, I finally decided I had enough and made some time to reclaim the tank.

Although I contemplated shutting it down I just couldn't bring myself to pulling that trigger. I would eventually miss it and probably end up pouring in more money to set up the exact same tank again. So, onward and upward! :-)