View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 02:41 PM

cyberdude47 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by notclear View Post
I read this thread last night and now I have the chance to make some comments. I didn't read the whole thread again this morning so the comments are based on my memory and the previous posts.

1. It is good step to take the refugium offline as it will kill the cheato if there is any.

2. Algaefix won't kill byropsis.

3. For a 75 G tank and if you dose 15ml, you are doubling the recommendation dose. I believe it asks to dose 1ml per 10 G. Don't forget if you have plenty of rock the tank volume will be less than 75G.

4. No need to turn off GFO and carbon during dosing period.

5. Don't dose more than 10 doses or you will risk losing small fish such as dottyback, mandarin, etc.

6. You probably won't see any difference before the 7 doses.
To answer your questions.

The Refugio's is offline and has been since July
My tank is a 75 gallon but has a calculated total volume of 140gal as it has a 60 gal sump plus reactors skimmer ect
I'm aware that it won't affect bryopsis and will plan on a tech M cycle once everything is under control and happy again if anything is remaining
It is recommended to shut off all skimming carbon and GFO as it reduces the effectiveness of the product. Even though there are cases of ppl having results while under treatments I choose to try and get the most effectiveness but remain to skim heavily