View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:22 AM

notclear is on a distinguished road

I read this thread last night and now I have the chance to make some comments. I didn't read the whole thread again this morning so the comments are based on my memory and the previous posts.

1. It is good step to take the refugium offline as it will kill the cheato if there is any.

2. Algaefix won't kill byropsis.

3. For a 75 G tank and if you dose 15ml, you are doubling the recommendation dose. I believe it asks to dose 1ml per 10 G. Don't forget if you have plenty of rock the tank volume will be less than 75G.

4. No need to turn off GFO and carbon during dosing period.

5. Don't dose more than 10 doses or you will risk losing small fish such as dottyback, mandarin, etc.

6. You probably won't see any difference before the 7 doses.
160G (72"x22"x23.5") Mixed Reef, 30G Sump/Refugium, Vertex Illumina SR1800 LED Fixture, Reefbrite 60" & 72" actinic, Nanobox Tide and Reefbrite LED for frag sump, Vertex Alpha Cone 200 Skimmer with cleaner, ATB Flowstar 1500 Return Pump on 2 x APC Smart-UPS 1500, ATB Flowstar 4200 with OM4 Closed Loop, 2 Phosban Reactors for Carbon and GFO, Profilux SA3 Doser, Tunze Nano Wavebox, Tunze 6085, Jebao RW15, Rena LG100 Auto Feeder, Profilux Breeze 4 fans, Apex Controller, and Vertex RO/DI.