View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 07:34 AM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imisky View Post
most of the desktop and home based 3d printers are now based on fdm (there is an SLA one coming out but limited like you had mentioned). mostly using ABS and PLA with the trend going towards PLA for the dimensional stability factor in the material. It doesnt curl and warp as much as ABS and doesnt give off a strong plastic smell. The only downside for us is, well PLA is biopellets. If you print anything with PLA that goes into sw it'll get consumed eventually.

I designed and build 3D printers for Tinkerine Studio which is a company I established in April. Im not sure if this is allowed but Im quite excited to see people on here having an interest in 3D printing. I go to Oceanic on Sundays around 1pm to chat with Paul and a friend. I can bring a 3D printer with me for anyone who is interested in 3D printing, possibly print off some small parts. But for now anyone who is interested can visit me at www.tinkerines.com we do some pretty fun stuff
By the way, very nice system. Glad to see you went with an x/y gantry. What firmware are you running? Marlin or something else?