Thread: is it just me??
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:36 PM

Flash is on a distinguished road

I usually will buy from someone on the forum before a store if they have something I want. I have done my rounds to the LFS and haven't seen a single fish I would buy and or the prices have gone through the roof $70 for a 2" foxface.... ya I don't think so that's a $40.00 fish! Keep in mind I worked at a LFS, so I get how things go down and I understand the seasons, shipping, box charges and what not.... But walking into a Store you'll see clowns, yellow tangs, scopas tangs, the odd trigger and some small fox faces. They all have the same stock as they are all ordering off the same lists. I tend to see that fish out of people's tanks are a little healthier then the ones in the stores, so I always look to see what's for sale here to give it a home instead of it ending up back at a lfs!

NOW... that being said....i have also walked into a store here and found an amazing Orange Fiji puffer that I haven't been able to find anywhere else in the city and I fell in love with him so I took him and a beauty of a Naso home as well.

The same store had an amazing Lavender Tang but I couldn't justify the $$ for it!

I wouldn't call it being cheap or lazy... just preference (this is just my opinion) I ask here first in case someone is going to be shutting down... if not then I wait and talk to Steve or Ken about bringing me in a particular fish!

The "busy" season for LFS hasn't even started yet... over the winter is when I usually see the best stock selection and prices come down a bit!

Keep in mind.. some people do not have access to cars, so they will shop on here find something and take the bus to the location rather then going all around the city (which is why we have a buy/sell section)

I've had great success with finding things on here!

Fb- edmonton fish coral and hardware buy and sell!