Thread: is it just me??
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:22 PM

cale262 is on a distinguished road

I can't think of a single fish in any of my tanks that didn't come from an LFS. Other than some local clown breeders, is there really anyone on these forums breeding tangs or wrasses? I'd be willing to bet that 90% or more of anyone's fish on here, at one point came from a fish store.

I have posted up here when I was looking to buy a certain fish, the last I believe was a CBB, I didn't see any in my usual haunts (LFS) so I posted here asking if anyone had one or knew of one FS... In the end it was a LFS that replied and I bought it from them.

Funny enough, I was just thinking about posting a WTB thread for a purple tang, I haven't seen one in an LFS for some time...although the last one I saw was at double the price I'd be willing to buy it at (~$260). It also almost feels like certain fish are seasonal items... Today I have a hard time finding a purple tang for anything less than $200+ and a month down the road everyone has them for $60.

I for one believe we should support our Responsible LFS, if we don't we'll end up buying our staple products (salt etc) and 3 types of available fish from an unhealthy Walmart tank.