View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:09 AM

syncro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus99
I'm guessing ha and cyano may be from po4.
Phosphates are 0 mG/Lt. Though, I've read algae will expand to consume any extra phosphates so tests will usually read 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11purewater
May be H2S gas in your sandbed
h2s - I'll remove the carbon and sniff for rotten egg smell in say 2 or 3 days? I don't vaccum though I have moved the occasional rock and once ran a credit card between the glass and sandbed to clear up some the brown algae spots. Is h2s poisoning quick or slow over weeks? Thanks 11Purewater and Ross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytech
All the symptoms sound like the tank is too clean
Too clean - yeah it seems that way Toytech, though with the addition of the 2 cardinalfish I've significantly increased my feeding. Perhaps the filter floss is catching most of it. Previously I used the original mesh that came with the MP10 powerhead and it didn't get quite so dirty. Based on Ross' suggestion, I've removed the filter floss. Thanks, a "too clean" tank isn't something I'd even considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars
is it possible your tank is contaminated somehow like the silicone
Silicone contamination - tank was built by Concept Aquatics which is a reputable tank builder in town. I have heard that one of the GE silicones isn't acceptable anymore so it is possible. I'll do more research. Thanks reefwars.

Thanks for the help everyone!