View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:41 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough
Default pedastel build pt 1

so with a tank so tall i didnt really want to be dealing with the hassels of liverock so i decided to do a pedestal tank basically a tank inside a tank seperate from all the corals.

here is what i came up with:

first the empty tanks, i decided to just use the one pedestal and not the small one added on top for now:P

my tall diy pestal made from scrap glass at my house:

the idea is to center this tank filled with rock inside the display tank

next came to filling this with rock, i had to use my grinder and diamond wheel to cut the rock in shapes i wanted and so everything fit together....no chance of toppling and plus this "pillar" is going to be removable at any time for cleaning etc.

i chose 3 pieces of rock from my liverock tank:

these piece were akward and weirdly shaped.......so i played god and made them how i wanted them:

i then stacked them inside the "pillar" and siliconed them into place so they could not fall back or out of place, the silicone is in places you cannot see from the front of the tank:

now with the insides of the tank done for rock i got to thinking how im going to feed some of these corals so i got to building a diy feeder using a media reactor and a modified majijet.

next post: diy auto feeder