View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Some people have a vested interest in keeping sponsors happy.
This is a bunch of crap Marko. I have no interest in keeping anyone happy other than fellow hobbyists. Used rock is just that, used rock. Rock acts as a sponge and will adsorb nutrients and eventually leach them back out into the water, usually causing all kinds of algae problems. We see it all the time in posts here and other boards. Someone buys a bunch of rock someone had sitting around, then they battle algae forever. I can list the members that have done that in the last year..many very experienced people that maintained their tank well. Sure, it's possible to buy rock that's used AND clean, but it's a gamble. Fresh live rock from the ocean is the best product to use when starting a reef. That has nothing to do with keeping anyone happy, just years of experience with tanks and reading the "help, I have a tank full of algae" threads.