View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 03:20 AM

gridley is on a distinguished road
Default Bryopsis?

As I have been watching the newest algae grow in the tank I suspect that it is bryopsis. I posted a picture yesterday (above post) though the quality of the picture is not great. I'm now doing some reading on how to get rid of it - it sounds like it is tough to deal with.

I have five turbo snails in the tank and they did an amazing job of getting rid of the brown algae that had been in the tank but they are not touching this new stuff.

I have also noticed hundreds of tiny white specks floating on the water and on the glass. As I ahve watched the ones on the glass I have realzied that they are alive - moving around on the glass. If anyone has any idea of what they might be, I'd love to hear.

Our royal gramma (which is in the QT) appears to be doing really well - swimming well, eating very good and looking healthy. She/he has been in there for just over a week.
90g mixed reef (eventually!); 23g sump; 20g QT; Waveline DC-5000 return; 2 Radions; 2 Vortech MP10s; Koralia 3; ELOS ATO with 14g ATO tank; RLSS R8 skimmer; BRS reactor - GFO/Carbon; filter socks; Puratek RO/DI
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85303