View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 02:49 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
I'm ready to wring their little necks . . . though I'm not sure they actually have necks.

My clownfish have gone stupid in the last week (in a few ways . . . I think they're preparing for eggs).

They've gone gonzo over my torches. I have two very nice ones that I purchased from Reefwars. I didn't think I would have this problem, being that they're both CB fish.

Both of the torches sit in the same corner of the tank: isolated and out of stinging distance from everything else. The clowns are really messing with both of them (my black occ. disappears inside the big one for several minutes at a time, and both fish are rubbing all over both corals), and both torches are starting to look as if they don't find this agreeable.

How can I prevent the clowns from killing them? Offering them back to reefwars is something I'm considering, but I really like the torches and don't really want to lose them just yet. They have value to me.

Suggestions?
hey shelley, getting a clown to stop hosting is something that is not easily done the easiest way is to add a better host like a nem. this is the reason i dont have clowns i fear they would kill my elegance(has happened to me already with 2 elegances) clowns are nice but they are just to rough and mean for me.

the torch's arnt helpless, they can close up and after a while they may get use to the thrashing, right now where the thrashing is new they are prob still going into defense mode as if they are being picked at in the wild. if the torch's dont look better in a week or so i would look into another host or another alternative.

worse case scenario i can exchange the torchs for something they wouldnt host in gl and cheers!