View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 05:33 PM

KevinK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Beautiful setup. Even more important, extremely well-thought-out setup. I used to have an above-tank sump/refugium, but having one at the same level is even better if properly engineered. And the electricity savings is significant, so good for you. I've always been a supporter of smaller return pumps (mine uses 45-50w I believe) and I use a big HK Magnum8 for flow (that one pump does the whole 165g display) and its hidden in the corner where nobody can really see it.

Would love to get a 300DD one day. Beautiful dimensions man. Unfortunately, no room in our small ground floor suite for that size tank. Boohooboohoo. So I won't be jumping on this bandwagon any time soon.

Anthony
having the sump at the same level as the D tank was always my plan, it is gust because of lack of space on the side at this time, as I even wanted to have the tank’s drilled, and have the tunze as it is now, connected to the 1-1/2 pipe, but than not over the edge of the tank, but straight from one side, passed the glass to the D tank.

all, because I want to se in the future how far I can bring it, to put the tank on solar (by using some e-bay panels.

the tunze pumps as we all know, don't use much, lets say, all 7 would use in total 80 watts, for over 17.000 gallons of water movement in total, I’m on a solar forum to se what is needed to run the 80 watts 24/7 on solar (I gust want to know if this would be fun to do as a DIY project, if the $ don't run up to much

than there is only the light and the heating, where the heating probably will never run on solar, duo to the draw, but even the LED, over time could run on solar.

it is gust amazing, as mentioned, the sequence sunpro pump’s run 3000 g/h on solar, at only 45 watt, put a 110 V to 12 V inverter with it, and you have the same as a sequence DART ore so, but for, way, way, way les power

thy might have not so much power to lift 15 feet, but most of the time, thy only have to lift 3 or 4 feet, and at $ 0.10 a kwh, a sunpro vs dart will save you $110 a year on your bill.

for me now, the way I have it, it ias working gust fine, but I would wonder wht there are not more that are exploring les powerful options