View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:20 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

I have a pair of MP10s in my 75g, but the concept is the same and I can get a decent wave.
Once the wave is set in Short Pulse Mode, the EcoSmart settings will use the wave you saved.
If you haven't already done so - I set my wave up per the manual as follows;
In Short Pulse Mode ( Blue ), set the speed to max on both drivers ( be careful as you can get a huge wave going with the pump speeds set to max ), then press the Set ( Center ) button and the pumps should start pulsing left/right, if they are communicating properly.
Now watch the tank for a few minutes. If you don't get a wave with the master set to around 9 LEDs, try 10, or 8 - you get the idea. This is the pulse speed you are setting.

So, once you get a wave going that you like, and is safe for the tank, press and hold the Set button on the master. The LED will flash some funky colors at you and then start 'breathing'.
Once you have learned this, you can further fine tune your wave by starting off in SPM with the max speed re-adjusted, find a wave, and save it. It will only save one wave, so make a note of how you set the one you liked most.
Now, in one of the EcoSmart modes ( I use NTM ) your wave will happen