View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 07:32 PM

mandyplo is on a distinguished road
Default Looking into RO/DI systems, am I on the right track?

I've been doing a bit of reading on Reverse Osmosis and De-ionized water for my reef tank. I currently use tap water, (Yes, I am a beginner about 8 months into the hobby). I know now that if you want to seriously get into a healthy reef ecosystem you should be using RO/DI water.

So I am currently looking at the BulkReefSupply 75GPD 5 Stage Plus System. This one comes with everything I would need (I think) Including a TDS meter.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/...us-system.html#

And, is this the filter replacement kit that I would purchase for this system also?
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/...ilter-kit.html

I have a 55gallon tank, I'm already looking to upgrade but I live in my parents house and just don't have the space to do so, but I have been buying equipment for a slightly larger tank in the future. Anyways, is this RO/DI system a good one to go with in my case?

I think I've got the basics about these systems, and I must say theres a lot less to them than I initially thought. I was quite intimidated by the looks of them when I first heard about them. I feel a lot better now and this is actually going to make the reefing hobby easier for me

Anything else you guys think I should know, or any other products you guys think I should look at before I purchase this one? Thanks in Advance,
-Mandy.

EDIT: Right I forgot to add this, I've also been hearing a lot about bio-pellets. If I were to install a biopellet reactor, this would be a completely different hookup/set-up from the ro/di system right? I thought I heard someone at a LFS saying you could attach it to the RO/DI system but I kinda looked at him funny... Thinking to myself, don't you need a pump to keep the biopellets tumbling? And are you not supposed to be running tank water through the biopellet reactor, not tap water from the RO/DI unit?... Correct me if I'm wrong, but this biopellet reactor is completely separate from the RO/DI system, yes?