Thread: Mexico
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 05:13 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

You will love it there, I took the family twice to that same resort, both times, and again both times stayed at the Coba.

The food is great, the people great... We had incredible service.... The Coba pool is the BEST and the Activities people are fun. Say Hi to Chico for us!!! That isn't his real name, but that is what he calls himself. Lots of parties at the pool and they love their drinking games. Staff remembered us, from previous visit and made us feel special.

This resort also has its own dolphins pool... If you play your cards right and get to know the activities group, they do give away quite a few free passes. I took 4 of us (my whole family) to swim with the dolphins for cheap, as I won 4 passes (basic package), and upgrade each to the better package. Total cost to me was $120 instead of $600.

Also, go to the dive shop on the beach and take the boat to swim with the sea turtles and snorkel in the reef. It was $30 each, well worth it... This time of year, you will most likely catch the hatching of the baby turtles as well. Also buy the pictures, it cost us (I think) $50 for all pic's, this was sooooo cheap and included professional pic's taken by the photographer of things like turtles, fish, coral, etc.

For excursions, and for kids your age, go to XelHa... This is a natural lagoon, where you get to swim with stingrays, fish of all types, basically everything of the wild. You get to relax on huge tubes down the lazy river (well not relax, as you have to navigate) But is cool, as it is a fresh water river, flowing into salt water. There are zip lines that kids your age can go on. Tickets are best to buy at the resort, same price as taking a taxi to the location and buying there, but you get free transporation. Well worth it!!! Price of ticket includes, transportation, all inclusive food and beverages (includes alchohol). Once there they have life jackets (mandatory) and snorkels and flippers if you need, but bring your own, you will use on resort also.

Great short excursion to ruins, would be Tulum... $50 each, for half a day. Smaller ruins that Chitiniza (spelled wrong I know), but beautiful, and these ruins are on the cliffs to the water. After the tour, you get to spend some time on one of the most beautiful beaches/cliffside that you will ever see. Believe me I was impressed. Kids had great time body surfing and fighting with the waves, they are huge, and cool to play in.

Remember to see Fransico at the Coba pool, he will give you better deals if possible on all excursions.

I would most diffenately recommend the Gran Bahia Principe (Coba) to anyone, and would go back. Actually we are returning this xmas again... However to another resort, as the wife did want something different. But we will return there again.

If you want to talk, give me a call (403) 919-3442
Rick

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk