Thread: Buying acrylic?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 03:13 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef_raf
Tony, not sure about out there, but IPP has the absolute worst prices and service imagineable here.
I don't have enough experience to compare it to anything, but, one time I did try to get some pieces precut. They told me a price over the phone based on per square foot. I did a quick estimate in my head and said "ok I need the following pieces cut."

When I arrived to pick the pieces up the price was about double what I had estimated. When I challenged them on this they said "oh ... well it's rounded up to the next square foot" (or something). I was pretty choked. So I said "so where are the offcuts then?" "Oh ... you want those too?" "Uh ... YEAH ... if I'm PAYING for them anyways." They grudingly gave me the scraps. If I hadn't have asked I would not have been given them and they were destined for the scrap heap ... which guess what ... they sell! So they would have sold those pieces of acrylic exactly twice. Gee, not bad for business I suppose.

I wasn't too happy about that experience, but I thought it might have been normal, or par for the course, and blamed myself for not asking detailed enough questions beforehand.