View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 03:26 PM

badfish! is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to badfish!

I've got 2 (one I'm babysitting). The one I have in my reef tank ate my arc eye hawk (I think anyways), despite my best efforts to keep him well fed. The one in my pred tank ate all of the mollies I put in there for the stone fish (another fish I'm babysitting). I had a horned cowfish and it was too big for my eel to eat (I think once they get up close to a fish, if it's too big they realize it pretty quick and wont really eat them). Your wrasses should be fast enough to avoid being eaten, unless they sleep in the rockwork and not the sand, then when the eel gets big enough, they could be potential meals. My eel constantly tries to eat other fish when I'm feeding because he smells the food, but most of my fish are too big for him to eat. I have a red scooter blenny in with him, and he hasnt been eaten yet. If you do get one I agree with Denny, he will quickly become a fave, they have awesome personality, my will beg for food, and if the silversides dont defrost fast enough, he swims to the top of the tank and pokes his head out of the water, but he's never tried to escape and I only have eggcrate on the top of my tank (he's also around 12", so if he was determined, I think he could fit through the eggcrate)