Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Cool!

My present chiller code is:

Fallback OFF
If Temp > 78.5 Then ON
If Temp < 78.0 Then OFF

(This works and has been tested)

But, my chiller is set to not actually start cooling until 79. It takes a few minutes for it to start cooling, so I didn't want it to come on right at 79.

I don't personally use a chiller, but wouldnt you want to have the apex have top level control? meaning if the apex say ON, then your chiller is on. So maybe change your "temp on the chiller" to 78deg. This way, whenever apex says temp is above 78.5 then chiller would be on. But if for whatever reason the outlet is stuck on, your chiller temperature control is your backup. If temp falls below 78deg, while apex outlet is still on, your chiller will actually turn off.

I could change it to this:

Fallback OFF
If Temp > 78.5 Then ON
Defer 005
If Temp < 78.0 Then OFF

And then change the chiller pump to

Fallback OFF
If temp > 78.5 Then ON
Defer 001
If temp < 78 Then OFF
Defer 010

That should work, right?

My only concern is leaving the chiller pump off for so long. Will the water in the lines get gross? That's why I was going to let it run throughout the day, but shut off at night according to the "Sleep" outlet if not required.
You can always put in a "If Time" to turn it on once a day. Depending on how stable you want to keep your temperature, you can narrow down the temperature range. And with the use of Defer, your chiller and heater won't be going crazy.