View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 10:43 PM

gridley is on a distinguished road
Default I have failed as a plumber!

If this had been a final exam for plumbing school, I'd be on the street looking for a new career! On Sat we put water in the tank to test the lines and I found four leaks . One is a bulkhead - I think that is simple enough to fix. The other three are joints. I'm not sure if I didn't use enough primer, or enough glue or didn't hold the joints long enough - I think it might have been the third. Regardless, it is now time to put preassure on my plumber brother in law and see if he can come do it for me. In the meantime we will continue to admire our empty tank.

We also had some input regarding the amount of flow through our sump. To get more information we posted a thread on the reef forum and have come to the conclusion that at the minimum we will get a new pump. Please take a look at that thread and if you have any additional thoughts it will be helpful. Thanks.
90g mixed reef (eventually!); 23g sump; 20g QT; Waveline DC-5000 return; 2 Radions; 2 Vortech MP10s; Koralia 3; ELOS ATO with 14g ATO tank; RLSS R8 skimmer; BRS reactor - GFO/Carbon; filter socks; Puratek RO/DI
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85303