View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 06:59 PM

bruce is on a distinguished road

You may have a bit of a problem there. I've had a couple carpet anemones over the years and in my experience the maroon clowns do not like them at all. My last carpet ate a gold stripe maroon shortly after it was introduced to my tank. My carpets also preferred placement high on the rocks near one end of the tank and did really well under high flow across their surface from the return pumps. They did awesome there and my last one in fact never moved from that location the entire time I had him over a period of 5 or 6 years and included a few tank moves and rearrangements. I only finally gave him up as I wanted to be able to keep a different variety of fish and had enough of all the different and sometimes expensive fish he had eaten over those years. e.g. blue throat trigger, gobies, blennies, hawkfish, chromis, one maroon clown and last straw was a newly hatched cat shark(my mistake-I should have known better). Anyway I found that the perculas,occellaris and clarki clowns love carpets, will go to them almost immediately upon introduction and spawn readily below then. The maroons avoid them like the plague and my maroons definately prefer the RTBA . My maroon female also tries to either move any corals she physically can that are within a few inches of her host anemone and if she can't move them she will then show her displeasure with their placement and try to bury them in sand.