Thread: Greg's 75g
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 06:19 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

I'm really happy with the LR I bought from TaioneReefer. He let me pick through two different tubs and his smaller SW tank. Lots and lots of coralline, lots of Tonga, lots of nice shaped base pieces too and it's light, porous rock. Great guy. Thanks Kevin

If you're lookin' for LR, you'd best contact him soon. He still has a lot of great pieces left - some huge ones too

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85705

I filled my rubbermaid and then had to 'scape the 20g QT too 'cause I bought way too much for one rubbermaid !!!
Looks like I can't buy any fish this week now until I get the rock out of the QT. But that's OK as now there may be some seeding going on in the AC50
Later, probably this coming weekend, I'll put as much as I can in the sump and decide what to risk in the QT

So far there are loads of micro brittles, and some asterinas, amphipods, tube worms/feather thingys, mushrooms, some sponges and also a bunch of some kind of polyps spread out
Also lots and lots of coralline

I gave everything a quick RO dip and managed to pull out what was left of some live Fireworms that he missed. No biggie - it's LR so it's expected
No crabs to be found and, unfortunately, no bristle worms. Ce La Vie

Great find - way more life than the LR I got from the LFS that someone traded in

I transfered a few micro brittles to the DT but I'll leave the Asterinas for now

So, as I stated earlier today, I'll watch the rubbermaid LR this week and if there's no spikes and no PO4, I'll load up the sump.
The wife already has her eye on a couple small pieces to add to the DT as well

And, 'cause Photobucket seems to be endless ...

The rock is not green, it's just my camera