View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 04:20 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I found I had to have it going in the warmer months still, if I didn't have the A/C on. My tank room isn't ventilated otherwise, and without windows it can get like a sauna in there.

With A/C on it doesn't seem to be needed though.

The troublesome times for me are when it's like right now - not warm enough to justify running the A/C, but too warm and humid outside that the HRV doesn't actually do anything to the humidity in the tank room and it can get pretty warm in there, and this affects the tank temperature. I'm tempted to add a bathroom fan to my tank room after all. I was hoping I wouldn't have to bother with bathroom fans what with the HRV but we'll see. The alternative of course staring me in the face is to one day lose the 3x400w's over the tank and go with some kind of LED based solution after all (I really like the halides still but the heat is definitely hard to ignore..).