View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 04:55 AM
Vendor

eli@fijireefrock.com is on a distinguished road
Default A 2 WEEKS FROM HELL

A little venting in the hope of this bad spell changes as my body and mind coming to a holt.
It all started about 13 days ago when I decided to get a garbage bin and start my construction in my basement... going to work one morning to find out of so many problems happened the days I decided to take off...I had to let go 4 guys and being the boss taking their shifts and work it in the hopes of hiring and training new guys in a week,...while going through this and putting over 15hrs at work I get a call 7 days ago of a family member's death from a long battle with cancer very sad time and long process of setting all requirements for the funeral to take place last Friday...
Thinking after all this I would get a break,gather my thought and organize my time,...My niece's birthday was a couple days ago deciding earlier to go to Cochrane (capture the flag)for a couple hours of fun playing paintball...
Well after the 1st hour of playing I stepped in a fox's hole coming to landing on a good size rock breaking my fall with my ribs.OUCH.Not thinking straight I brushed it off and kept playing without a thought to my pain thinking its only a bruise few hours passes and we are done,get into the car as my wife is driving around 6pm me being in the passenger seat as my body comes out of the adrenaline of the game I started feeling the hard pain and short of breath on my chest..Ok this doesn't seem right..I place my hand tightly on my chest starting from the upper side pushing in while moving down feeling my ribs and all of a sudden I feel this crunch like moving sound in my ribs (a little scary at that time)moving my hand off and trying to take a deep breath and there is that sound again like as if my ribs back in place...By the time I made it home I was in too much of pain to even be able to move...broken ribs and there is nothing could be done to fix it except take some time off and let it heal on its own within 3 to 6 weeks I will not have this so back at life again....
Even though I am venting from what I had gone through I am still thankful for the life I live as I know people go through many problems in life...the way I see it and teach my kids is what ever in life get throuwn in your path stilll go on and use your experiences as examples for what the future hold...
One of the fumiest parts
That night back home from the broken ribs,I take a shower as my wife is in bed...I come in the bedroom to sleep standing in-front of my bed as it is waist high trying to get on and for the love of god I was not able to trying every TRICK in the book being unsuccessful My wife says just sleep on the floor well after few tries feeling old my kids and wife carried me like an oldy to bed for a good night...