View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 07:20 PM

tt101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
Actually a mandarin is generally fine with damsels. The danger with mandarins is mostly competition for their food source of pods, unless they've been trained to eat prepared food, which few will survive on long term. Mandarins do their thing & are left alone by most fish, even aggressive ones due to a distasteful coating they have. I've seen my damsel try to nudge my mandarin away from it's perceived territory, but that's about it. My Maroon clownfish has also only ever nudged the mandarin when he lingers a little too close to a clutch of eggs. Never any harm done. BTW, just in case you're not aware, clownfish are included in the damsel species.

i think i heard about the slime coating in the past as well, im going to try a few azures, i don't have too extensive rock work so if it turns out bad then i'll catch them and donate them to flash or something like that lol. i want to add a single or possible a couple varieties of dwarf angel.....such as a bicolor and a flame...and yes i know about how angels will sometimes fight each other but i also heard of many success stories with them...the main idea was to introduce them at the same time. and yes i know that clowns are a variety of damsel but the way i see it is that they are a lot less aggressive, except for the maroons which can be &%$!@# sometimes. thanks for the info. i think i finally found my blue fish that i wanted to add