View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 02:15 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

The yellow tailed blue damsel in my 77 gal is low man on the totem pole. Spawning Maroon clownfish pair, Yellow tang, & Singapore angelfish all keep him in line. Don't really know the outcome in anyone's particular tank, so that's probably why it's best to avoid them. The female Maroon & a Blue Devil damsel were the first two additions when I started the system & they pretty much stayed out of each other's hair. That Blue Devil was way more aggressive than the yellow tail I currently have. But like you, I really admire the blue colour. The Blue Devil died a couple years after developing some cancerous looking growth on it's tail fin. The current Yellow tail was a kind donation from another reefer & I'm happy to have him for the colour he adds.

Chromis are much less aggressive & also belong to the damsel clan, but alas, they're nowhere near as colourful. I had a group of three for a while but they all died eventually. Larger ones started picking on the smaller, one got isolated from the group & then they were all gone.