Thread: LED Intensity
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 07:36 PM

Nano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGlu6 View Post
Just wondering what is the difference between one 3w LED and the other?
Other then dimming and fancy controls what is the difference between AI sols and these
http://www.aquatraders.com/EVO-48-LE...ht-p/56234.htm
?
They have single fixtures 5" wide and double fixtures 9.25" wide. If everyone is running their "fancy" LED's at 35%-50% anyway?
Really want to know what is the difference. thx
You get what you pay for, with anything, AI has a proven track record as well as radions, sure the evo may have 3w LEDs but what do we actually know of the quality of the lights, etc. having features like dimming or sun rise sun set etc, is very ideal and healthy for the tank stimulating all aspects of a day/night cycle, something you can't do with out a controller. Honestly, and please dont take this the wrong way, but I have seen a couple of threads from you in regards to Evo Leds, and I just want to say that if you are considering jumping into LEDs that you make the right choice the first time, so as not to waste money (potentially) I would personally go with a light that has testimonial from people you are familiar with to back it up. it looks like it would be more suited for planted/refugiums or little frag tanks if anything, but for a main display tank I would put your money to good use on a good light just my opinion though