View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:24 PM

windcoast reefs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderjumper View Post
Cool project. I'm very interested to see ow it progresses.

I have two 6 gallon tanks running. they do really well with minimal algae, and minimal water changes, BUT the key to these tanks is aptasia. One is my nudi rearing tank, and the other is my aptasia rearing tank. I don't have any corals in them, other than some blue cloves. Thr rock is full of pods and brittle stars. I feed the tanks quite heavily with all flake food I have left over, it's either crumbled to dust or the fish just wont eat it. It's amazing how aptasia really do filter the water.. Too bad they are such a pest!

I know which man made rock your planning on using and also know its been curing for ages..BUT I'm wondering if it ever really stops off gassing? In a tiny tank like that it will become apparent quickly if it is still leaching. I did a background in a 20 once, and even after 2 years it was an algae magnet.

Keep us informed and lot of pics please!

I will get some pictures up ASAP! If this is the stuff from blue worlds I'll take a closer look into that. I'm hoping I won't have to feed but that is still an unknown.