View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 04:30 PM

saltcreep is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I thought the Canon waterproof case was $250? I do plan to use it for snorkeling and in my tank. The DicaPac has good reviews...?
Be careful of Canon waterproof housings. I had one that flooded on my last trip and it was found to be defective. Luckily it was replaced, along with a new camera (S100). After a bit of research, it appears there are issues with the mould lines from production. They don't allow the o-ring to seat properly and allows water to enter. This was my wife's camera and we thought we would go a little cheaper on the housing as it wasn't going to be a secondary camera. Needless to say, we have a new Ikelite housing ($350) arriving any day soon. I've had no problems with my Ikelite for my G11.

As for RAW, if you purchase a new Canon camera, the software that comes with it includes Digital Photo Professional that will handle RAW processing. Easy as pie. I now shoot nothing but RAW when diving. I've got a few pictures in my office that have been enlarged and they look pretty good.