View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 05:58 AM
Vendor

Blue World Aquariums is on a distinguished road

BEST LIGHT ON THE MARKET

by MICHAEL BREAUX
Excellent!

Posted: 2/12/2012 from GULF BREEZE, FL UNITED STATES Experience Level: Intermediate

Comments: I've been using this little A150 "sky blue" LED for a little more than six months now. SPS polyp extension is unbelievable! It's lighting a 20 gal. tall nano reef. There is virtually no heat from this unit and no deviation from its color. At 32 watts of light, It will pay for itself in about a year of use. (Very Important): The manufacture of this light doesn't explain that this 10,000K is also equiped with 450nm blue actinic LED's that are also incompassed within its special lens, thus giving the user the already balanced blend of a 10,000K MH with 20,000K VHO's or CFL's. It's truly the only light your tank will need. One light covers a 2ft x 2ft section of tank at 30" deep with no problem. Metal Halides look yellow compared to this light.

5 of 5 People found this review helpful, did you? Yes No

Amazing!!!

by CORY HARRELSON
Excellent!

Posted: 2/1/2012 from Dallas, TX UNITED STATES Experience Level: Intermediate

Comments: Absolutely worth every penny. Produces incredible amount of light and the shimmer is really cool and by the way there is -- NO HEAT!!!!!!

3 of 3 People found this review helpful, did you? Yes No

Great overall, 4.5 out of 5

by Jim
Excellent!

Posted: 1/21/2012 from Brisbane, Australia Experience Level: Intermediate

Comments: Rather than a full review - just some things I didn't see mentioned very much when I read up on them. I got the 10k/sky blues. The good: * Fantastic colour mixing - just a small slightly monochrome ring around the edge of the light at long viewing distances. * Small lens size and wide spread means you can place them so that no light hits a brace or strap of glass. * Incredibly intense light from a small package (and a small space behind a small lens in a small package, even) - just amazing. Objects like fish cast a single clear shadow. The only LED caustics ("shimmer") that truly resemble a MH light that I've ever seen. * A very crisp blue-white colour that seems much more like water at shallow depth than the usual "resembles incandescent" or "resembles office fluorescents" warm/cool whites LEDs. * Light pretty much goes where you want it, not in your eyes/wall/canopy. Unless you're looking right up into the unit from significantly below it, there's no blinding eye strain and very little spill-over of light. The bad (only deducting half a point though): * 1 of 3 units has a faint whine in the fan - still very quiet but annoying if you're close. Other two are almost inaudibly quiet unless you put your ear to them. * Mounting options, if you don't get the goosenecks, are pretty awful. Kessil need to ship the unit with more backplate templates. At the least, they would ship hanging attachments significantly taller than the existing ones. They just don't match the build quality of the rest of the unit at all. * Could have used a secondary lens of some sort, existing ~100 optics don't let you tilt the unit without a lot of reflections. Spread is quite wide (24" diameter circle at 8" from the diffuser). * Breakaway cable could use more overlap between connectors. So: very happy with them overall with some minor nuisances. Also, for Aussies - ordering from marine depot went fine, and they only need an ordinary kettle/pc power plug.

8 of 8 People found this review helpful, did you? Yes No

Kessll A150W

by DREW GLOEDE
Excellent!

Posted: 1/17/2012 from MAYVILLE, WI UNITED STATES Experience Level: Expert

Comments: Love it, after years with reefs, I have down graded to a much smaller tank and this fits the bill. I will agree that the 15K maybe a tad to blue, but I think the 10K would be over powering for my tank. Single light on my 57 looks spectacular. Gives it a theatre look that everyone who has seen my other tanks say they like this one the best. 4.5 stars for now will update when corals and softies have adapted. Love the compact size and no noise, sorry for those who have suggested it maybe a little loud (Forums). Negligible, love it so far.

6 of 6 People found this review helpful, did you? Yes No

kessil A150W ocean blue 15k

by DANIEL DAVIS
Excellent!

Posted: 1/6/2012 from Richmond, VA UNITED STATES Experience Level: Expert

Comments: I was a little skeptical when ordering this light. I was concerned with coverage and color. I have to say that I love this light. Color fits somewhere between a phoenix 14k and a xm 20k (a crisp blue/white with pop). Shimmer is very much like a halide but slightly more erratic(not as tranquil but by no means disco ball like). Everything pops just right without being over actinic. It's very compact, about the size of can of soda or beer. It's by no means dim like some reviews have said. I get better coverage and brightness than I did running a 24" sunpod running 150 watt halide on the same 20H. It runs fairly quiet, a small computer fan like noise for the fan running inside. There doesn't seem to be any banding of colors, it all mixes so you don't get a small rainbow on the sand bed. It doesn't appear violet like with some LEDs. I would seriously consider their next version which is supposed to be equal to a 250 watt halide and color dimmable. Great value and look.