View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 05:58 AM
Vendor

Blue World Aquariums is on a distinguished road

These are all of the reviews for the Kessil A150W on MD. Currently 5 out of 5 stars based on 24 reviews!

led lights

by THOMAS HYATT
Excellent!

Posted: 3/8/2012 from ARMA, KS UNITED STATES Experience Level: Intermediate

Comments: great lights with awsome shimmer effects makes the tank look alot better

1 of 1 People found this review helpful, did you? Yes No

Incredible LED Package

by JPowell
Excellent!

Posted: 3/5/2012 from TN Experience Level: Expert

Comments: I purchased 2 of the Sky Blue (10k) to replace my WavePoint 4 bulb, T5. Within 48 hours, corals that were not extended fully, came out. I purchased the goose necks with these as well. They will hang on a normal tank with the rim around it. The 10k are still a bit blue, the shimmer is the best I have ever seen. No heat output of course, the fans are so quite you have to put your ear up to the light to hear them. These lights are smaller than a can of soda. I will never go back to T5's or Metal Halide's. 2 of these is plenty for any corals in a 48" aquarium (55,75 gallon)

3 of 3 People found this review helpful, did you? Yes No

Kessil A150W 15K

by D MORGAN
Excellent!

Posted: 3/4/2012 from SHAWNEE, KS UNITED STATES Experience Level: Intermediate

Comments: Could not be happier with these lights... Using 2 units on my 46 Bow, plenty of light top to bottom, and I love the Ocean Blue 15K. Colors of corals and fish just pop! Though I did initially try combining 10K and 15K, after couple months came to prefer the spectacular 15K for the deeper water look! So now have an extra 10K light for sale... Heat output is zero, fan noise is virtually non-existent, electricity cost is negligible on MY electric bill... The gooseneck mounting system is not the perfect solution, but for me was more than adequate since I have an open hood. If you are looking for upgrade from Power Compact or T5 lights at reasonable cost, get these Kessils.

2 of 2 People found this review helpful, did you? Yes No

Powerful, low energy, quiet...

by AZ Ratt
Excellent!

Posted: 2/24/2012 from CHANDLER, AZ UNITED STATES Experience Level: Beginner

Comments: Just got into reefing and was only going to purchase a LED due to MH putting off heat, energy consup. etc.(Older tech.) LED seemed an easy choice. This light didn't have many youtube reviews or article reviews(fairly new on the market) but I took a chance with it and am very glad I did. I got the 10k (very white light). My tank is a 20g high 24L x 16H and this light does a marvelous job of lighting every inch. I don't have any corals yet, but I'm sure this light will be awesome. All the coraline(several types on my LR) have been going nuts. It's a bit pricey at 400 with the gooseneck clamp but it works and looks great on my tank. Note that the other spectrums are VERY blue/Purple light, but if you're looking for that then you'll be all good. The only thing I would request is more clamp/mounting options, although the gooseneck does the job.

Much better than T5's

by CHARLES MORIN
Excellent!

Posted: 2/23/2012 from NORTH VANCOUVER, CANADA Experience Level: Intermediate

Comments: I just received my kessils. I ordered 4 of them to cover my 4ft 75gallon tank. It was a tough decision to know which to order so I got 2 sky bly (10K) and 2 ocean blue (15k). I'm glad I made that decision. I think they blend really well together, giving a bit more blue in the color. It looks much better than the T5's they replaced. The Kessils create a light that is much more pleasant and natural to look at. And the shimmering effect is pretty awesome too which you dont get from the T5s.