View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz View Post
NICE!!!

I'm starting to lean more towards the AI's myself.
In every online post I've read the Radion owners are pretty defensive about their fixtures until a par meter comes out........ Then There's just awkward silence.....
Par reading only really gives you a entire reading for the overall intensity of the light thats produced. AI does extremely well due to the lens. Really they are all the same LEDs. Radion has a better spectrum hands down, I am not gonna argue with anyone on that, but due to blending issues its just not possible to get lens on the led without getting red and green spot light effect. Anyways like I said I have seen great growth and coloration on most if not all my sps colonies under the intense light(keep in mind my sps are frags from others reefers who use mininum 250w if not 400w halides and aqua cultured which makes them pretty hungry for light)so the more par I get the better. I would recommand any to use AI's. I would also recommand Radions since it is a better light when you consider the spectrum that it covers but you will need the same if not more units to boost the intensity.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013

Last edited by Bblinks; 03-14-2012 at 07:15 PM.