View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 12:33 AM

ryanb69 is on a distinguished road

what a crazy past day it has been. So its been a while since my last post, But the tank WAS coming along great. everything was awesome, until yesterday evening around 5pm I heard water running in my house. I checked the tap and everything was fine, untill I noticed water on the floor. Lots of water. I immediatly ran to my tank, and couldnt see any leaks what so ever, but 1/4 of the tank wate was gone. Then, I opened the bottom of my stand. A river was flowing out of my tank and directly onto my new hardwood floor 5g total of water spewed onto the floor. I caught the rest of the water in 5gallon pails and had an insane evening trying to keep my fish/shrimp alive. I will get into more details with my next post, but in general I sped to petsmart and got a new 20g tank, and the ALL THE FISH AND SHRIMP ARE IN THEIR NEW HOME ALIVE. The cause of the problem? The bottom of my old tank had a massive crack in the BOTTOM PANE. I found this extremely odd as my stand was completely level. I will post pics and any more details next post.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80050