View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 09:33 PM

vic622 is on a distinguished road

Hi Graeme,

Ouch! How long was the rock in the truck & what was the outside temp?

When I set up my tank a year ago, the rock had been in plastic garbage bags for four (4) months without water but with some newspaper. it did need to be cured, but surprisingly, it didn't kill everything (almost tough!).

The stores in town vary and each seems to have their niche - but I agree Az has usually got good stock and v. good prices. His frag tanks are almost complete so he'll have tons of frags pretty soon, I'm sure!

I do have a build thread, but the links to it (its on OVAS' site) seem to be broken?!?! I'll have to work on that... Right now I'm trying to get my sump up and running in a city that has absolutely no stock on plumbing fittings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodbytes View Post
Thanks for the welcome, Vic. We must be almost neighbours. I'm on Montreal myself.

The move didn't go according to plan and someone put my rock bucket in the back of the truck, where it sat overnight. Just one of the blunders lol.

I see you have a 75 too. Do you have a build/tank thread with the details? I wouldn't mind comparing notes. Also, how do you find the reef shops in Ottawa? I've been to Aqua Valley and he has some really nice stuff there. Picked up an acan frag yesterday.

Graeme

75gal Reef
35 gal sump/fuge ~ about to move all to new condo!

Ottawa Tank Build
My 1st Reef Tank Build