View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 02:24 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Marko, I'm not a photographer, took me a while to figure out my camera settings once I added the vertex illuminex on my smaller tank. If you could tell me what settings to use, I will take a pic of my set up tomorrow as they are now almost off for the night. I saw the ai's on Daves tank at concept and seeing ai's side by side I chose the radions as I liked the overall look and could see a huge difference in spread and the disco lighting uncle salty is speaking of. I felt I would have needed 4 ai's to the 3 radions. I'm also no expert in lighting spectrums so cant speak to this argument, I don't have any controllers or fancy equipment, therefore my layout costs for lights would have been fairly close. I only transferred everything this weekend so I can't speak to coral growth either, time will tell. Bottom line, everyone has a choice and those with specific lights will rave about how great theirs are. I'm sure a better product will follow these as the technology continues to improve and the ai's and radions will be surpassed by something greater, cheaper and cooler soon enough.